This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey gravy

The gravy I made this year was alittle different that I usually make. I kinda used Tyler Florence's and added a twist of my own to it. It was easy and turned out great. And I did have plenty of it. Here's a link to Tyler's video showing how he did his gravy:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/tylers-ultimate4/video/index.html
Here's what I used:
2 turkey wings
4 ribs of celery
4 carrots
2 onions
1 whole head of garlic
1 bunch of green onions
water
corn starch
bay leaves
pepper, salt, celery seed, sage

Here's what I did:
I baked the wings until dark golden brown. I rough chopped everything-just cut the head of garlic in half. You will strain the broth so none of the garlic peels will get in. I put all the veggies, seasonings and wings along with the drippings in a large pot and put in about a half gallon of water. I let it simmer until the veggies were tender. Pour through a collander. At this point, you could save and freeze half if it seems too much. I saved the garlic which was like a plaste and added some to the gravy and my dressing. I pulled the meat off the bones of the wings and put it in my dressing too. I put the broth back in a pan and brought it to a boil and added corn starch mixed with a little chicken broth to the pan wisking it in to thicken and make it smooth. The gravy came out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment